Systems Analyst, Interface and Integration
Posted on October 22, 2021
Wooster Community Hospital
Responsible for the installation, integration and ongoing support of WCH and BMS interfaces. Is responsible for gathering technical requirements, analysis, testing and configuration of interfaces. Uses technical skills to resolve complex issues with interfaces, software applications and technical configurations. Possesses skills in scripting, cold feed, faxing and other forms of integrating systems and automating workflows. Represents the hospital well as a liaison between WCH and physician practices to ensure outstanding customer support and collaboration is maintained assisting in mutual projects as assigned. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and co-workers including technical and non-technical individuals. Remote workers will be considered.
Director of Information Systems
Must Have Requirements:
- Successful completion of an Associate’s Degree in computer systems or related field.
- Two years’ experience supporting HL7 interfaces and/or EMR systems and workflows.
- Working knowledge of data exchange protocols and industry standards relative to health data exchange, including HL7, FHIR, API, FTP. Fax, cold feed, XML, and CCD/C-CDA standards as well as HIPAA privacy and security standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers, hospital staff and HIT vendors, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Excellent organization skills with a demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- No written disciplinary action within the last 12 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking skills including TCP, IP, SFTP, FTP.
- Knowledge of database management systems and database reporting tools; e.g. SSRS.
- MEDITECH hospital information systems experience.
- Experience in software troubleshooting, systems/workflow automation and solutions, and issue resolution methodologies.
- Four plus years hospital experience or 4 plus years Information Systems experience (pertaining to applications supported).
- Knowledge of and experience with programming language concepts. (Visual Basic, or other scripting languages/tool.)
- Experience with an Interface Engine in a healthcare environment. Iatric Systems Jaguar interface engine experience preferred.
- Follow appropriate Service Standards
- Familiarity with the DMAIC process for Process Improvement
Candidates should apply directly on Wooster Community Hospital website.