General Summary and Scope
The Project Manager (PM) provides institutional knowledge, facilitates internal processes, and manages Firelands Regional Medical Center’s resources (such as the budget, staff and facilities). The PM coordinates other Firelands Regional Medical Center projects, activities or dependencies, including third party solutions required for Firelands Health IT systems. They also assist in meeting reporting needs, decision-making, issues and risks management, and the escalation of issues as needed.
The Project Manager will serve as an implementation project manager facility-wide, organizing and coordinating both internal and external teams towards a successful implementation of the EHR and related projects. This individual will work closely with External and Internal Project managers, coordinators and stakeholders to ensure smooth implementations on time and within budget. The Project manager will navigate the organization’s culture and processes. They will also act as the primary point of contact between External and Internal Project managers, coordinators, staff and stakeholders and work with these stakeholders through all phases of projects.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Implementation Team(s) to coordinate resources for integrated trainings, on-site sessions, online presentations, and conference calls.
- Ensure Executive Sponsor(s) and key stakeholders are kept informed of all events affecting the timely implementation of all applications.
- Provide ongoing communication to all levels of staff.
- Act as liaison to the healthcare organization’s IT staff.
- Develop, utilize, and maintain project management tools to ensure implementation deadlines are met.
- Conduct internal project status meetings with team leads.
- Review current state workflows; organize and maintain any future state workflow redesign.
- Review all unique modification requests that are submitted by departments for appropriateness and completeness; determine appropriate action. (For example, Pass to MEDITECH, change facility policy or procedure, pass to the hardware vendor, use a report writer, or a combination of these actions.)
- Conduct and organize pre-implementation and implementation events internal and external stakeholders including coordinating Integrated Training Visits, Integrated Testing sessions and Integrated Parallel Run Sessions, conducting planning meetings, organizing product demonstrations, and reviewing documentation. Become familiar with the training and education approach for each of the key application groups.
- Responsible for all aspects of data conversions, including working with other vendors to obtain file, confirming timelines, validating information, etc.
- Coordinate communication between external stakeholders, the healthcare organization, and any contracted third-party vendors.
- Coordinate the testing and validation of future software updates.
- Maintain a clear understanding of organizational goals and the scope of the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 4 years of work experience with increasing responsibility, or Associate’s Degree in related field and 6 years of work experience with increasing responsibility.
- Understands the necessary inter-departmental communication.
- Proven leadership skills; prior management experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to positively motivate non-subordinate department personnel to desired actions in meeting project goals and deadlines.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A positive “can do” attitude and strong work ethic is imperative.
- Ability to develop project plans and appropriately targeted training materials.
- Ability to work with others to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Ability to coordinate and organize.
- Punctual attendance at assigned work location is required.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner and maintain an accident free work place, including ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency codes.
- Ability to comply with OSHA regulations and CDC standard and transmission-based precaution recommendations and to utilize proper personal protective equipment. Ability to comply with provisions of applicable S.D.S. forms.
- Successful completion of a 180-day probationary period.
For more information, contact one of our recruiters at 419-557-7450 or email us at email@example.com.