Health Data Analyst
Posted on September 5, 2019
Gila Regional Medical Center
Silver City, New Mexico
The Health Data Analyst is responsible for compiling, analyzing, and validating crucial medical data. The Analyst will prepare data for presentation and sharing with key stakeholder groups to be utilized for ongoing improvement efforts. The analyst prepares both clinical and non-clinical data to assist the organization in data-driven decision making to support organizational goals. The Analyst compiles important medical data through the use of computer-based applications. Data is used to understand the current trends in the healthcare systems to assist in well-informed decision.
- Facilitates performance improvement reports to support financially sound and safe, appropriate quality patient care services, working closely with the Director of Quality.
- Assures measurement, analysis, and tracking and reporting of quality indicators, including adverse patient events, and other aspects of performance that asses processes of care, hospital service, and operations, patient outcomes, as well as reduce medical errors.
- Provides applicable data analysis for Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement training and education for organization leaders.
- Supports Departments and teams with collecting, analyzing and reporting performance improvement data to ensure quality, safety, and efficiency in care.
- Participates in Project Management and Performance Improvement reams as needed, primarily for the purpose of providing data collection, tracking and analysis to support improvement efforts.
- Provides data to support Patient and staff safety improvement efforts.
Education & Training Requirements
- New Mexico or multi-state, Registered Nurse license preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years comprehensive experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree. Masters preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of and experience in National Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Computer skills required in: Microsoft Office products, spreadsheet development and analysis, data entry, Graphing, presentation software
- Experience using Meditech Clinical applications desired
- Familiarity with regulatory standards (TJC/CMS) preferred
Visit Gila’s website to apply: https://www.grmc.org/Careers.aspx