Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Los Angeles, California
The Clinical Application Analyst II assists with the build, testing, and implementation of clinical information systems necessary to support the goals and mission of VPH. The role is an important facility wide resource for the support and optimization of core clinical systems. The Clinical Application Analyst II will possess a clinical background and is responsible for the day-to-day support of clinical applications as well as maintenance of specific dictionaries, configurations, and policies related to the VPH EMR system.
The Clinical Application Analyst II is able to work independently without close supervision and exercises independent judgment and discretion. The role will partner with clinicians and physicians in various units of the hospital to achieve maximum value from the clinical applications and to support significant clinical transformation initiatives such as CPOE and Meaningful Use. The primary system to support is MEDITECH Client Server certified electronic health record system but the role may have responsibilities for GE Centricity CPM OB and Neonatal system, Summit Express Connect, Wound Expert, Carestream PACS, and other systems.
- Four years IT and Healthcare
- Knowledge of clinical systems and operations workflow
- Sound trouble-shooting skills
- Good organization skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio
- Two years minimum experience using or supporting MEDITECH or other HCIS
Bachelor degree. Relevant experience working in a clinical setting can be substituted.
- RN, RT, Pharmacy, or related licensures preferred. Relevant experience working in a clinical setting can be substituted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others):
- Develops and maintains end-user documentation and training materials.
- Maintains system configuration dictionaries and settings
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to support system design.
- Assists in the build, implementation, and testing of clinical information systems.
- Uses knowledge of systems to analyze user needs and requirements to solve business problems.
- Uses knowledge of systems to influence others to achieve results.
- Educates clinicians to effectively use clinical information systems.
- Provides Tier 2 end-user support for assigned clinical applications.
- Provides analytical ingenuity in order to identify optimal workflow redesign and solutions
- Leads small to medium projects.
- Provides end-user go-live support.
- Provides on-call support on a rotating schedule.
The following job accountabilities are not unique to this particular job but are common to all jobs at VPH:
- Complies with VPH policies and procedures on customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Demonstrates professionalism and cultural sensitivity in coordinating activities and communicating with all customers, peers, and the community at large.
- Conducts self in a professional, respectful and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with others toward common goals.
- Communicates accurately, honestly, supportively and in a timely manner with department and interdepartmental team members.
- Demonstrates effective business writing and oral communication skills, handwriting is clear and legible.
- Participates in operational aspects of the department, and maintains/participates in performance improvement activities within the department.
- Participates in all departmental specific training, Environment of Care (injury/illness prevention, fire/life safety, hazardous materials, emergency preparedness, utilities management, medical equipment management, safety and security management), infection control (standard precautions, TB Exposure Control Plan, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan).
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows safety practices. Understands the importance of safety, including patient safety in the work place. Maintains a safe environment for self and others. Committed to protecting confidential health information of VPH patients.
- Actively participates in the Patient Safety Program, including event reporting. Identifies sentinel events/near misses and responds per defined organization processes. Participates in education activities and process implementation. Demonstrates advocacy for the patient/customer and appropriately acknowledges patients, customers and visitors.
The above statements reflect the essential functions considered necessary to describe the principle content of the job. They are not intended to be a complete statement of all work requirements or duties that may be inherent in the job.
Applicants can apply here: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VPH&cws=37&rid=2493