Posted on April 21, 2017
Under the general direction of the Sr. Administrative Director of IT, this position’s duties include working with various departments and remote systems users to include, but not limited to, MEDITECH application software and other clinical and financial applications. Proficiency in SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports and Visual Basic.NET Programming for purposes of manipulating and reporting on data, a primary responsibility of this job function, is required. Familiarity with Systems integration utilizing Hospital’s established tool sets and clinical systems messaging standards is also important for this role. Implements and administers database solutions within a variety of computing environments. This position performs a variety of technical tasks in the area of computer systems in support of system’s clients. Incumbent also performs other duties as assigned. Incumbent may be required to report to their project stakeholder during assigned projects.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Analyzes and provides guidance in support of hospital integration initiatives.
- Performs systems integration responsibilities, including monitoring, related to MEDITECH and other vendor systems through scripting and systems integration tools.
- This position deals with moderate to advanced levels of technical systems and assists the hospital in achieving cost-effective objectives through state-of-the-art technologies.
- Develops and tests high-availability and disaster recovery strategies for network based database environments. Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Provide reports through use of SQL, Access, Crystal Reports and Visual Basic.NET programming for purposes of manipulating and reporting.
- Prepares application documentation and procedures including reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions as part of our change management program.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Incumbent also performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS Degree, BA Degree, or commensurate education required.
- Licensure: MCSE preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ experience within a healthcare-related environment managing SQL databases, with a focus on system integration and administrative applications and computer systems. Evidence of proficiency in Crystal Reports and Visual Basic.NET programming. Evidence of familiarity with clinical and financial systems integration utilizing industry standard tools. Working knowledge of the process and delivery of patient care services in an acute care facility. Understanding of the supporting activities in support of systems integration across a health care enterprise. Knowledge of HL7 and other systems integration messaging protocols. Experience with systems integration messaging standards such as HL7 and file transfer protocol (FTP). General programming skills, problem solving, software algorithm design, software performance tuning, software development fundamentals, software documentation, and software testing.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge and ability to work with microprocessor-based systems. Must have a good working knowledge of operating procedures and policies for hospital and its departments. Awareness of how, when, and to what extent different hospital departments relate to and communicate with one another.
- Interpersonal Skills: Requires the use of tact and good judgement when dealing with other hospital departments and organizations. Must possess good verbal and written skills. Must possess a high level of problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to work as part of a team to complete assignments that may require coordinated efforts of several individuals.
- Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet.”
- Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to read, speak, and understand English. Exercise appropriate judgment in stressful situations. Attention to detail.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Sufficient hearing, vision and hand/eye coordination to perform required duties. Ability to differentiate colors.
- Performance Improvement: Assumes active role in the department’s Continuous Performance Improvement Program. Incumbent develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts as assigned.
To apply, please contact:
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
Salinas, CA | email@example.com